Friday, August 02, 2013

Fabric Friday: Nativity Christmas

I have been eyeing this matryoshka nativity fabric since last Christmas but I only knew of an etsy seller in China selling it and I hadn't pulled the trigger on buying it until I had a little birthday money recently.  It wasn't terribly expensive but there's something about buying fabric abroad that makes me hesitate.  I just adore this design - it's a cute Christmas fabric that features something besides candy canes and wreaths- it has a little baby Jesus and I think it's cute.  I also have a thing for these "Russian nesting doll" type of fabrics.
 
The etsy seller sent it right after purchasing it and it didn't take too long to arrive..... but imagine my surprise when I saw the selvage.......
 

It's a Joann's fabric!!!!  How ironic that I was pining away for what I had assumed was a rare print, produced overseas- to pay quite a bit for shipping - and then it turns out that it was made and sold in a store that I live within walking distance from!


Oh well, I still love it and it actually has a nice hand to it - especially for a Joann's fabric. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

it is cute...i found a remnant chunk of it at Joann's last Christmas...

MalinisQuilts said...

Its a cute fabric for sure!
Before finding about quilt shop I did buy a bunch of fabrics from JoAnn. Some of them were good.