Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2013: Quilt Photographer Category


I am pretty proud of this picture I took of the boy version of the Super Kids quilt I made this summer.  A few years ago I worked as an outpatient therapist and drove through Lowell, MA quite often, passing these awesome comic book murals at Command D's.  When I had the opportunity to make a few quilts for Ann Kelle designs, I knew this would be one of the most fun places to snap some pictures of my creations. Superman is pointing to my quilt guys!

I attached a sleeve to the top of the quilt and we bought a cheap closet rod at Home Depot and strung it through the sleeve.  Luckily my husband is fairly tall and he was able to hold it up for the picture.  One of the store's workers came by when we were taking photos and he was really excited about what we were doing (the store had been closed when we got there.)  I was glad he wasn't angry - it's always best to ask permission when taking pictures on another's property of course.

I am entering this into the Quilt Photographer Category at Amy's Creative Side for the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Go and check out the other fun quilts and photos for that category here.

Bytheway, both of my Super Kids quilts were featured this weekend at Quilt Market.  If you spot a picture of them on anyone's Quilt Market blog posts, please let me know.

21 comments:

Laura C @ littleandlots said...

I will be on the lookout for your quilts in the Market roundup posts this week! So THAT's how you got the quilt to hang so straight and beautiful. What an amazing tip. It's a shame you can't enter the pair of quilts. I love the photos you took of both of them, they are so perfect. One seems lonely without the other! :)

CitricSugar said...

I love how even Superman appreciates your work! :-)

Seams Sew Together said...

Very bright, lovely quilt!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Superman has really great taste! He sure is excited about this quilt... and rightly so! Love the design of this happy quilt!

MalinisQuilts said...

This picture is fabulous! Superman pointing to the quilt is just awesome!

Congratulations in the big debut featuring your quilts @Quilt market! Way to go!

audrey said...

This is hilarious! I absolutely love it! :) (And the quilt too, of course.)

sonia said...

Fantastic pic, and amazing quilt too! Congrats

Charlotte said...

that's a great location for a quilt shoot!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

great photo, lovely quilt

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Fantastic photograph! How can you beat having Superman pointing out your quilt?! :-)

Angie said...

this is like fun squared. great photo op + cool modern quilt. well done!

Katy Cameron said...

Ha, love the Superman appreciation!

Jill said...

Fabulous quilt photo! I love it.

ipatchandquilt said...

Great photo!
Good luck in the Festival!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Poppyprint said...

That is a Super Fun photo for sure!

Quiltbenaco said...

Bella la foto e bella la trapunta!
Ciao dall'Italia

Becky said...

Great picture!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What an awesome photo!! Superman really knows how to pick a great quilt!

Lynette said...

This picture is AWESOME. :D And the quilt is so fun. :D

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

This picture (and quilt) just makes me smile! Love it!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Awesome!