Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Small projects and City Sampler Blocks 67-69

I couldn't sleep the other night, so I stayed up late and made this Trick or Treat bag for Gregory's friend and our neighbor's son, George.  Gregory and George share the same birthday and are just one year apart.  George's parents are really nice, generous people.  I wanted to do something simple and nice for them.  My kids have these patchwork bags too - I always use the pattern, "Vintage is the New Modern Patchwork Bag" from The New Handmade: Simple Sewing for Contemporary Style.  


I am working furiously on my first "commissioned" baby quilt.  A good friend asked me about making her a baby gift for her to give to a good friend that just had a baby boy.  I showed her what "extras" I had on hand but also offered to make a simple quilt.  Loyal blog readers know that this is a quilt design I come back to again and again - always with Ann Kelle fabrics.  I can't help myself.  I expect to be binding this tonight in front of a good TV show- this is a seriously quick quilt.


More City Sampler blocks to share today:
 67

 68

69 - Strip piecing was the key to sanity with this one!

Did you hear angels singing on Saturday night?  That is because I finished ALL of my City Sampler blocks!  All 100 of them!  As I've said before, I am only "rushing ahead" with the QAL because we are anticipating moving and I want to longarm this quilt before I move.  I am going to keep my blog posts in sync with the QAL but I thought I should share my exciting news!  

Linking up at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday:


3 comments:

marcella said...

Very cute halloween bag and baby quilt. I'm sure they will both be loved! Congratulations on finishing all of those blocks - that's just awesome. Hope you can get everything you need done before your move.

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Cute bag! I hope all goes well with the move. I'll miss seeing you around though.

Jen said...

That baby quilt is perfect! I love primary colors for baby quilts.