Sunday, October 13, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along 55-63

I am caught up on the City Sampler QAL and done with the triangle chapter.  The rest of the book is filled with strips, blocks, and variations thereof- so I think the rest of this project is going to be a breeze.

I decided to add more fabrics from my stash to spice things up a bit.  A few more decent basics thrown in the mix helps to keep my interest as well as adding interest to the quilt.  I find that I have to force myself to choose fabrics other than navy and other shades of blue because I prefer those to the greens, oranges, and reds sometimes.  I want to keep the project looking balanced.  

 55

 56

 57

 58

 59

60
 
61
 
62
 
63


Now that I finally achieved my fabric enigma, I am hoping to get lucky again and find some more of these pretty fabrics: Stained Glass in lime and fuschia in the Mezzanine collection for Michael Miller fabrics by Patty Young.  Anyone have some they want to trade or sell?  Know of a LQS with some?Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

Great blocks! I especially love 56-58. The fabric choices are fabulous.

alidiza said...

These are fabulous!!! I can't believe how you keep churning these out:-)