Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Time to update my City Sampler blocks.  I think some of these are the best blocks yet:

 64

 65

66

I'm making lots of progress on my Christmas Countdown Calendar.  My level of true desperation for a decent sashing choice manifested itself when I brought two children to Bits N Pieces last Wednesday evening.  Now my appreciation for that LQS is growing but navigating a stroller through that crowded store is a feat in and of itself.  But it was worth it because this grey snowflake print by Kate Spain could not be more perfect for the project (it also matches the border I am adding).  

The most tedious part of this project is over: drawing, cutting, and affixing the numbers.  That was definitely  my least favorite part of making this! 

Yesterday I needed to make a quick gift for a friend and decided to make several "More Pleated Pouches" to have a few spare gifts on hand.  These are small and look easy (they are!) but they are much more time consuming than you might think.

I am quite tempted to keep the red and black one for myself.

Thanks for reading.  Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  


4 comments:

Sewing Mom said...

Love your countdown calendar! I'm sure it will be worth it when you use it for years to come!

The little pouches are adorable too.

RunningHen said...

Your calendar is great!! I can see that the numbers would be a bit tedious, but nice. Those are cute pouches! http://runninghen.blogspot.com/

Hilary said...

I love your calendar :) I'm doing that QAL too, but I just now bought my charm pack for it lol I'm a bit behind :)

MalinisQuilts said...

Love these 100 tula blocks.

Calendar looks great and those cute purses are just so adorable!