Wednesday, March 26, 2014

More Rollerskate Dresses

Sewing clothes for kids hasn't been a huge priority for me because I have been pretty satisfied with bargains at various stores, yard sale finds, and gifts and hand-me-downs from friends and family.  When my son was much smaller, I actually sewed him a lot of pajamas and cute toddler pants but haven't done too much for my daughter.  I think I was overdue to finally try and sew my daughter some sweet dresses but I think I went a little overboard:


I already shared the shoes and duck versions here.  I had Charlotte look at a few one-yard cut stash fabrics and she chose the "piggys" pretty quickly.  It's a weird Japanese print that has small pigs on it with the text, "Marry Poppins Boo." 


Here she is wearing it on Sunday morning.  Getting siblings to pose together is not easy, this was the best I could do.  (She's actually said, "Hi buddy.  I like your earring."  He wasn't wearing an earring!):


I couldn't resist an Anna Maria Horner print:


I've had this Amy Butler print (a design released before grey was "in") for ages and have loved it but never known what to do with it.  I think it makes a cute dress:



I may be giving away at least one of these dresses, as five is probably overkill.  I am going to take a break from sewing clothing but will return soon to a different dress pattern.  For any of you quilters who are interested in trying some clothing sewing, I really recommend the Oliver and S Rollerskate dress pattern - it was so easy for me and making it without a serger worked out fine.  Linking up with WIP Wednesday:


4 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Very pretty dresses Laurie -- your daughter is lucky to have such cute things to wear. Love your fabric choices ;) Karen

MalinisQuilts said...

These dresses are so adorable! So are your kids!

Looks like you're on a roll of dress making :-).Can't wait to see more in the summer.

AnnCP said...

Was this a pattern you came up with, or one that you found for the dresses?

Caitlin and Jared said...

Cute dresses! The kids already look older and bigger! Miss you!