Friday, March 14, 2014

New Wave Quilt Finish

This quilt was finished just before we moved out of Massachusetts, about a month ago, so it feels like old news now but I wanted to take this chance to blog its completion.

It's my New Wave quilt composed of mostly Amy Butler's Lark line, a little AB Cameo, and some Joel Dewberry with lots of stash basics framing the larger pieces.  Lark was a line that I thought I didn't like until I saw it in person at Quilt Market in 2011.  I bought lots of it on sale at fabric.com, back when their prices were awesome..... sniff, sniff.....


The New Wave pattern is a great choice for using large scale prints that you don't want to cut into tiny pieces.

I brought it to Laurena's in Burlington and used the Statler Stitcher to do a pattern called "Dew Drops."  It's hard to see the detail of the design in the loud and busy fabrics.


It measures about 90 x 98.

I bought the Lark Kasbah backing on Hancocks of Paducah for about $5 a yard- it's such a dramatic, pretty print.  I bound the quilt in Ann Kelle's Remix stripe.


My mom emailed me this picture of the Statler quilting my Tula Pink sampler quilt.  I gave my mom the money to have it quilted at Laurena's since I already knew which Statler pattern I wanted to use on it and I have yet to find a decent longarming option here in Colorado.  I can't wait till she visits again and brings it to me, although I may just have her mail it to me if I feel too impatient.  I miss Laurena and her quilting studio so badly- I knew I had a good thing going there!!!


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

MalinisQuilts said...

I love your quilt hanger, its awesome to showcase your wonderful big quilts!

The wave pattern is just cool, like you said it does showcase your big prints nicely. The quilting is great too.

Can't wait to see your Tula pink quilt!