Thursday, March 27, 2014

Stained Glass Windows

The doors of my sewing room are French doors, which doesn't accommodate much privacy or the ability to hide a mess.  I stole the idea to cover the windowpanes with AMH voile from this post on Tickle and Hide, I wish I could claim it was my own original idea.  I followed this tutorial to apply the voile to the glass- so simple and cheap- using hot water and corn starch.  


For several weeks, I debated with myself on whether I should do this at all.  Westwood Acres had voile Field Study bundles on sale and I finally pulled the trigger when I noticed they had only one left.  I don't have a lot of voile in my stash and I love the saturated and bright colors of these fabrics.


I was thinking today about how I have been gravitating to non-giant-quilt projects and it feels good to do some different things lately.  I am also enjoying the prospect of decorating my home the way I like it: I don't want it to look like a giant modern fabric explosion but I am not going to worry about what other people might think either.  

11 comments:

Jodi Godfrey said...

Thanks for sharing this with me! I love it in the field study - so rich. It's just beautiful!

MalinisQuilts said...

These look beautiful! Perfect for your sewing room ;).

Jen and Joe. said...

Beautiful! I love it! You're amazing!

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Such a beautiful idea!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea, but wondering how easily it can be removed and clean the glass panes, as looking at doing this in a rental unit.

Anonymous said...

In my experience if you wet the fabric and them gently pull off you'll be left with a residue that comes off with hot water and a sponge.

Carol said...

How did you attach the fabric to the window panes? I have an old window I am thinking of using pieces from an old quilt top in the panes.

Maria Lone said...

Thanks for the post. This was really very useful read. The Stained Glass Windows fractures details you described was indeed very remarkable. Design on the photos looks so so gorgeous. Can you please tell more about it next time. Thanks for sharing such a home loving content. You can also take a look here Windows and Doors Brampton

Olivia writer said...

So colorful, so gorgeous, so catchy your stained glass windows! The color combination made a handsome after-effect to turn our eyes on it first. The color variation was really very especial to me. Though my online hunting today was to grabbing services for window replacement for our old house. But seriously I enjoyed your elegant stuff.

Joe Carlson said...

It’s a superb website online to maintain yourself up to date absolutely! accordion shutters

Unknown said...

Go for the gusto and do it your way ☺️