Monday, March 10, 2014

Order: Le Challenge Entry

When I blogged my sewing room, you may remember this picture showing the corner with the cutting area and design wall.  The curtain was here when we moved in and it took me about two seconds to decide it had to go.  It was about one foot too long and there were paint drips on it (now that's what I call laziness! It was just on a spring rod, how hard can it be to remove the curtain when you are going to paint the room?)


It was a difficult decision to decide what stash fabric to use for the curtain.  I ended up choosing these cute matroshkya dolls and some other blenders to go with it.  It's a little juvenile I guess, but I like it and we all know the whole room is soon going to be a riot of fabric and color.  In a sewing room, anything goes, right? 

Sorry for the bad picture, but this was the best I could do:


This whole house needs new curtains- the previous house owner left all of the window treatments and most of them are pretty terrible, so this is probably not the first time you will see a blog post from me about making curtains.


I am entering this into Le Challenge this month for their theme "order."  It is my goal to continue establishing order in my sewing room and throughout the whole house via my sewing skills- but I will admit it's going to take some self discipline to make myself sew more curtains, as it's not exactly the most riveting project......

Le Challenge


7 comments:

Mina said...

This certainly brings a shot of color to the room!

DeborahGun said...

very cool!

Ella and Nesta said...

Really like the curtain you've made. Little Kukla is one of my favourite fabrics!

Nat at Made in Home said...

How cute, thanks for participating in le challenge.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

You picked a great fabric! Great way to pretty up the window!

jeifner said...

Well done, soon your whole life will be in order, one curtain at a time :) .

Wendy said...

I don't think it's juvenile, I really like it! I hate making curtains!