Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wip Wednesday: Clothing Plans and Quilt Top

I've been bit hard by the sewing-clothing bug.  I even asked my husband recently, "Will I ever quilt again?"  I have a sweet dress to share in another post but I have also cut out most pieces for an ice cream social dress and some bedtime story pajamas.  Sewing for my daughter has been really rewarding- she really loves what I make for her and with the ease of these amazing user-friendly patterns- these projects are usually done within 24 hours from start to finish.  

(My fabric choices: the bunny fabric is a vintage corduroy fabric find from a recent yard sale and the pj's will be made out of that gorgeous Lecien floral).

I did have to take a break from sewing clothing to make a very quick quilt top for a friend in a mom's group I am part of.  She is two weeks from having her second child, a baby girl and I learned that the family likes unicorns as a nursery theme.  Luckily, I already had half a yard of Anne Kelle unicorns leftover from the bow pillow tutorial.  I found a bunch of stash coordinates and made this very simple top:



Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

BKringel said...

I loved sewing for my kids when they were small. I still make the four of them matching flannel pj pants for Christmas. Your fabric choices are adorable.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The unicorn fabric is adorable! I am a big sucker for almost all kids print fabrics. :)

Sherry said...

That is such a cute little quilt top!