Friday, February 13, 2015

Finish it up Friday: Swoon Quilt Top and AMH Pillow

 Happy Friday everyone!  I stayed up a bit late last night to finish this quilt top, effectively decimating my black fabric stash.  But it's good: that's what it's for, right?

Honestly, I enjoyed making these Swoon blocks A LOT.  I would've made more if I had had more typewriter fabric.  That fabric was hard to find when it first came out, so I would pretty much have to sell my unborn child for more of it at this point.  I opted for big borders instead of more blocks, aiming for queen size at 90 x 108.


The decision to go scrappy was made just before I started sewing.  I wouldn't have had enough of one print to do otherwise anyhow.


Here's a close up of that last block that needed a bit more fabric to be completed.  As soon as it arrived in the mail, I got to work.  This picture also shows a fun, quirky print I won in a giveaway from Australia.  Sad to see it all gone now but it's so fun and I am glad I used it.


The drawback to making such a big quilt is getting it quilted.  I am not sure if my longarm free motion skills are good enough and I am not sure if a computerized pantograph would really work for this.  I will think on it for a while.


Here's another finish, a quilted pillow made with a 2.5" charm pack of Anna Maria Horner fabrics that was a freebie with a previous fabric order.  This pillow came together with a solid blue FQ from my stash, a scrap of binding from my Dreamweaver quilt, and a Dowry print I had.  I sent it to a friend whom I love- she's always been so appreciative of things I've made and she's been on my mind.



Thanks for reading, linking up to Finish it up Friday.

6 comments:

Marie said...

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh love it!

Marla aka YaYa said...

I love your SWOON! Makes me swoon. . . .

Micki--Iowa said...

Giant Swoon! Just what I've been working on this week. I had a gorgeous print that I fussy cut for the center of the star and had to adjust everything for that size. Makes a 24 inch block--WOW! Mine has the traditional white background-but I may have to do another one with black--I love your quilt. Great job!

nicole said...

Well you already know that i love your swoon! But i couldn't resist stopping buy for more pics :) So awesome! And super cute AMH cushion too!

Anonymous said...

lovely colours . good job.

giddy99 said...

All so lovely! The swoon quilt is beautiful, but I am especially crushing on the AMH pillow. :)