Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Nautical Baby Quilt

I hope I am safe posting this before my SIL receives all the baby shower gifts I have been working on.  Sometimes I feel like I really do not have a clue who reads this blog.

Anyway, I have made some bibs to match the nautical theme and here's the quilt top.  I originally thought that I might do the Crazy Mom Quilts no-triangle chevron pattern, but I worried that the blue fabrics might not provide enough contrast for the pattern.  Since the parents are into sailing- I finally decided I would do simple half square triangles since they look like little "sails" without being too literal.  I used this free template to create 3" finished HST's without trimming (8 blocks each time!). This came together really fast.  Now I am just waiting for the perfect backing fabric, it was sent yesterday and I am really hoping that I can get it all in the mail no later than Saturday.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

Heather Graves said...

Great classic design with subdued nautical prints. Those tiny anchors are so cute! Is the background grey or more of a cream color?

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So simple, so effective, so cute! I hope your SIL loves it.

hydeeannsews said...

LOVE the fabric selection. looks so great with the background choice!

Rachel said...

It's beautiful!

Rachel said...

It's beautiful!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love it! Sometimes simple is best! Thanks for the link to the template, that's so cool!

Kat said...

Cute! I'm sure baby and parents will love it!

MalinisQuilts said...

This is so beautiful! Recently I have been crazy about blues. And these colors just so gorgeous!
How are you doing?