Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Baby Girl Quilt

All of the blues and greens I have been working with lately have made me crave pink and red.  I haven't started making anything for my baby, so I decided to finally work on some quilts.  I don't find out the gender of my babies, so I prepare by making two quilts.  

My starting point for a baby girl was this voile fabric, by Anna Maria Horner, intended to be used as a soft backing:  

Image result for pretty potent voile

I spent this past weekend working on a scrappy Sparkle Punch quilt top.  We had a snowstorm on Sunday, cancelling church.  I made a ton of progress while my husband was good enough to play with the kids most of the day:


A lot of these fabrics were pulled from my overflowing scrap bins.  I aimed to choose pink fabrics that had at least one other color in them.  To be honest, I had intended to do a baby girl quilt that was much more dramatic with a more vibrant and saturated color scheme.  But it was that darn gorgeous Pretty Potent voile that changed my plans.  If I do have another girl, I probably will just make an additional quilt more true to my original vision.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

The Thompsons said...

It's really cute. Yay for snow days that turn into sewing days. :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking so pretty! Just that little splash of yellow adds variety! Linda

Tamie said...

It's beautiful. Sweet husband to allow you time to sew.

jednoiglec said...

Looks lovely! Perfect for little girl:)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely- perfect for a baby girl without being too baby-ish!

Caitlin and Jared said...

I love that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love this sooo much!!