Monday, December 12, 2011

Kitchen Goods Swap Revealed

These are the fabrics I received from Alice for the BMQG Kitchen Goods Swap: several fat quarters and a half yard cut of Kate Spain's Flurry for Moda.
I decided to make her a table runner with Dresden plate blocks (I know, shocking that I would turn to my favorite block). I used the interfacing method for the circles and it was so easy and good looking that I don't think I will do "super circles" again. I stippled it and backed it in this print:

It measures about 20" x 60" - which I know is HUGE - but her dining table is very large.

I added a few of my own fabrics - some Moda Bliss, a Sherbet Pips coordinate, and a reproduction print I got at the scrap bin at Keepsake.

This was a very fun activity and I can't wait to show you what Jane made me - it really made my weekend to receive such wonderful items made from fabrics I loved. Everyone in the guild who participated did an amazing job - I definitely think we should do something like this again.

3 comments:

Pieces to Love said...

Beautiful! It will be loved for sure.

alidiza said...

You did such an amazing job with this! The fabrics you added are perfect and your quilting is awesome. I LOVE it!!!

MadeByMeaghan said...

That dresden runner is gorgeous! I need to just make this block. I love it but haven't tried it yet!