Friday, December 16, 2011

Motorcycle Quilt

My son is obsessed with motorcycles. I told Anne Kelle at Quilt Market that I love her boys transportation line (Ready, Set, Go!) but she should include motorcycles next time she designs boy fabrics. It's really hard to find decent looking motorcycle fabric.

I was pretty happy to find this Alexander Henry fabric from 2003 called "Hot Bikes" at my LQS about 2 months ago. I know it's kind of an obnoxious print but Gregory loved the fabric and that's all that matters.

This fabric is SO large scale - I didn't even think about cutting it up much. I did a strip piecing front with fabrics from my stash: I pieced together random stash fabrics for the back - the back took longer to put together than the front. This quilt only took 4 days to complete and it's one of the only handmade present anyone is receiving from me. I am quickly losing energy and stamina at this point of my pregnancy and it's amazing that I am getting anything done lately.

I am a bit embarrassed to admit that this is Gregory's 6th quilt that I have made him and he's only a few months over the age of 2!

No comments: