Monday, December 19, 2011

Mod Mosaic Bee Quilt FINISHED

This quilt was begun almost exactly two years ago by my good friends who participated in the Boston Modern Quilt Guild bee block exchange. I finally finished it this past weekend! It took me about one week to do this jagged/puzzle piece type of straight line quilting. I used my walking foot and simply started at the top of the quilt and moved the quilt around to create a geometric/boxy random type of pattern. It was a little tedious sometimes but worth it I think.
Participants in the Flickr Hip to Bee Square group also contributed to this quilt. I also ended up making several myself, in order to have a 5 x 5 layout.

The quilt measures 63" x 63".

I backed and bound this quilt with some Urban Garden fabric I've had in my stash for a while.



A big thanks to all those who contributed blocks for this quilt! I am so pleased to have this finished and it's a great size for lounging under on the couch.

3 comments:

parsley said...

OMG LAURIE I AM DYING!!! it looks so good. I loved making these blocks, and have been waiting patiently to see this all come together. The quilting is perfect and I love the backing you picked too!!

Caty said...

WOW! What a beautiful quilt!! You definitely have more patience to put something like this together than I do!! HAHA! I'm doing a 1" by 1" square scrap quilt and I've only gotten through ONE block of it! ;-)

Plus, I love purple...so that makes me love this quilt just that much more ;-) Thank you for sharing this!

Bethany Smith said...

I love how this came out!

I did a very similar block for my quilt bee and I am torn between adding sashing and not - can you tell me a bit why you decided to do it without sashing? The original Oh, Fransson quilt has some great negative space in it - but I can't decide! Argh!