Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Twin Quilt Tops

Last week I sashed the twin girl quilt tops. I am loving this pattern but I still hate doing sashing - I need to get over that because there are so many good patterns out there that require sashing. I had a request to back these in something extra soft like Minky. I picked up some really soft stuff that technically isn't Minkee but it's just as soft. It doesn't stretch too much but I know it's not going to be easy to work with. I am feeling crunched for time - so I am thinking about just quilting it directly onto the minkee (with batting in the middle, of course). Any tips for this? I know it can be done.....

I am really dying to start something new.... I pulled these fabrics for a special baby boy quilt in case I have a boy. I keep saying that I am tired of red and aqua but I keep going back to it. My only Black Friday purchase was two half yd cuts of "Meet the Gang" (2 fabrics in front). They are SO cute! I am really having a hard time coming up with a good idea for a girl quilt - I think it might be because I have made 4 baby girl quilts in the past few months and I have used up a lot of inspiration for that category :)

3 comments:

Aimee said...

gorgeous tops! Good luck with the minky. I was too afraid to quilt on it - I thought it would bunch up too much.

Alexis Deise said...

These look great! I hate doing sashing too, but I love the way it looks. And I don't dread it as much as I dread quilting. :)

alidiza said...

These are beautiful!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the red & aqua... I got some Meet the Gang at market but haven't cut in to it yet. I know you'll inspire me: )