Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tis the Season...

My next several posts will be about the handmade gifts I have been making lately. I am not planning to do too much handmade gifting this year because I am running short on time and I am more concerned with other projects that I want to complete before my baby is born. I will refrain from getting on my soapbox about why making handmade gifts is often not worth it.....

Anyway, lots of Christmas/holiday parties going on lately and last night I brought this patchwork fabric basket made from this infamous tutorial by Pink Penguin. I came home from Quilt Market with 5 mini charm packs of various collections and it's fun to use these small 2.5" squares on various projects. This basket features Moda's California Girl, linen, some Urban Garden, and a little Neptune. The gift was for a "Yankee Swap" style gift exchange and thankfully it was in demand (it would've been mortifying if it was viewed to be more of a 'white elephant' item). It even resulted in two people asking me if they could pay me to make similar items. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure I did the handles wrong - it looks more like a bag than a basket. Oh well.

I have finally started quilting my Mod Mosaic quilt - I am a little over half way done.

I am off to the year's last BMQG meeting for the Kitchen Goods Swap reveal this afternoon- can't wait to see what my partner Jane came up with my fabrics as well as give Alice her gift.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love the colors you chose for your Mod Mosaic quilt! Can't wait to see the whole thing.