Monday, January 16, 2012

Pink Spiderweb

I have had these triangle spiderweb pieces on my design wall for at least a week but no energy to blog about them. I am six weeks from my due date and admit to counting down the days at this point! Being pregnant is no picnic when you have an energetic 2 year old who has decided to keep an erratic sleep schedule lately as well as dealing with gestational diabetes. Denying a pregnant woman occasional indulgence in harmless cravings - like cereal, chocolate, and bread..... it's just not fair! (And lets face it - I never crave steamed broccoli or scrambled eggs - which is basically what I have been living on since October.)

Anyway - this is my second attempt at making a small baby girl quilt - I used a Sherbet Pips dot as the background and scraps from my stash to make it: I love the spiderweb block, I have only made one before (for a bee). I am predicting that maybe it will become my "dresden of 2012".......

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wait? You mean we might not see any more Dresden's from you? I think that's the baby talking. I love seeing your Dresden's. I love this spiderweb too though.

Amy Friend said...

Oh, I always love spiderwebs. Dealing with the gestational diabetes must be so hard. I couldn't have made it through my pregancies without a little chocolate and icecream.

Megan said...

This is adorable! I remember all too well how you're feeling right now. Lucy went on sleep strike when I was pregnant with her sister and it was awful. But hopefully you'll get a little burst of energy to finish this for your new little one! It'll be worth it!

Alexis Deise said...

So pretty -- I love the dot you chose to use for the background, makes it so much more interesting!

Pieces to Love said...

I love your Spiderweb. I'm a survivor of Gestational Diabetes, and year and a half ago I was diagnosed as 'insulin resistant', so if you need any tips let me know. There are variations of the foods we all love that can be made 'friendly' to the un-welcomed 'diet'.

alidiza said...

This is so pretty!!! I love all the different pinks you have in there and the those pips make the perfect background. Hang in there, you're almost done: )