Friday, January 27, 2012

WIP Friday

This is the beginning of a unisex car seat cover - I am planning to make it reversible. I thought about making two (one for a girl, one for a boy) - but that is just too much work and the clock is ticking. Several months ago, I made a sleep sack and stupidly added a few pink fabrics. Now I do have to make another one that is more boyish. I found this Robert Kaufman flannel (far left) in my stash and some other coordinating prints. I would've preferred to have a geometric, non-themed flannel to work with but I am trying to use what I have instead of buying more. Oh, and those brown prints in the picture? That selection pretty much accounts for my entire stash of browns - I guess it's not really a go-to color for me! I couldn't resist a few cuts of the new Aunt Edna for the DS collection at Joann's. Those corporate monsters raised the price to $12.99 per yard! With a coupon and a sale - I bought a bit for $7.28 per yard. I agree with a lot of the chatter online about the price hike - if they are going to charge quilt store prices- they ought to provide quilt store service (e.g. no 1 hour lines at the cutting table, use a rotary cutter instead of a hack saw, employ people who have actually sewed, etc. etc.). I do love this line though - it's extra soft and goes perfectly with Hope Valley.


1 comment:

Rosa said...

The seat car cover looks beautiful and also your fabrics choices .

Happy sewing!