Monday, January 09, 2012

Wheels Quilt

I decided to make one of Gregory's friends a quilt last week. The little boy is obsessed with all things cars, so this Anne Kelle fabric from her Ready, Set, Go! fabric was perfect. I followed the same design concept I completed over a year ago for Gregory's whale blanket. I used Elizabeth Hartman's pattern. This quilt was a quick project - it only took me about 3 days. I used Kona solids from my stash.

I backed the quilt in an orange shot cotton:
I used scraps from the top to make a scrappy binding:

I couldn't resist including this goofy picture of my husband who also doubles as my resident "quilt holder."

This quilt is the first finish of 2012.

4 comments:

MadeByMeaghan said...

This pattern is so simple and yet looks so great! I need to make a quick and easy baby quilt so I might just have to whip this one up too! :)

Alexis Deise said...

This looks really great! What a lucky friend your son has. My son is still waiting on HIS "big boy" twin quilt. :)

alidiza said...

Soo cute!!! You've done it again. I don't know how you find the time or the energy: )

Anonymous said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too Wonderful. I actually like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific website.
Harmony Clearvision Sprayskirt