Thursday, February 14, 2013

Krackle Quilt Completed

Good news - two winners were chosen for the "Your Andover" contest and I was one of them.  I will blog my winnings when I receive them (as requested).  Thanks to everyone for spreading the word and for their support.
 
You might have heard of a winter storm called Nemo that visited the Northeast part of the U.S. last weekend.  Thankfully, we didn't lose power and I ended up having quite a bit of time on my hands to sew.  I finally finished a long-standing WIP - the Krackle quilt using a layer cake from the Moda Lucy's Crab Shack collection. 

I am pretty happy with how it came out and have decided I will do a bigger version with stash fabrics.  I just have to find the patience to cut approximately 138 ten-inch squares (which then has to be cut up into 6 triangles per square!).  Cutting is my least favorite part of quilting - so it will take a while to get that done.  But seriously - I wouldn't think of undertaking so much cutting if I didn't think it would be worth it.  I am the kind of quilter who enjoys really simple quilts and this is the kind of pattern that looks complicated and difficult but it really isn't.  The pattern is designed by Aneela Hooey and you can find it in her etsy shop here

I backed the quilt with some backing I had had in my stash for a while - it's a Momo Freebird print.  I had done a lot of basic stippling lately, so I decided to mix it up a little and do some swirls and double loops.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Super cute! Yay for another UFO completed!

alidiza said...

Please bring this Saturday!!! I LOVE these fabrics and what you did with them is just fabulous:-)

Alexis Deise said...

Beautiful! I love how it looks in the snow (even though in real life I am tired of the snow).

jane said...

What a fun quilt! The fabric works so well with the quilt pattern. I forgot that I have some of this fabric stashed away. Maybe it will be one of my retreat projects. Congrats on the big win. Your winning quilt is beautiful and the colors so cheery and uplifting.

Galveston Gal said...

Thank you for your inspirational site! I quilt for community service. This pattern is so lovely in your fabrics. Could you share the pattern name,please?