Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Lots of binding needed to be made in preparation for the completion of three quilts.  I have two appointments for renting longarm time within the next week.  I am excited to complete three WIPs but a bit concerned about the callous/blister that is developing on one of my fingers due to all of the hand sewing I have been doing.....  Hand-tacking all this binding is not going to help but that's okay.
 

I have been digging into scraps for my hexagon/string WIP - so excited to start some of these blocks soon!
 
I won a giveaway recently from Sheree's Alchemy.  She picked maybe 10 winners and had less than 30 entries - so that definitely helps to explain my luck.  I picked the weekender bag pattern (it will probably be a while before I summon the courage to attempt that one!) and that very sweet linen strawberry fabric.  She added the other pattern as a surprise - so generous!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so intimidated by the Weekender - but I love the look of that second bag! What's that pattern called?

MalinisQuilts said...

Love those bias bindings. Those all looks so gorgeous.

Oh, those packs look great. Can't wait to see it. Hmmm....I still don't have courage to go past my quilts. Hoping to make a simple bag and get back to my sewing sometime soon. I miss making clothes for my daughter.

alidiza said...

Awesome!!! I love that linen and that FMF bias stripe binding is TDF;-) I've decided binding is officially my favorite part of quilting!

KerryQ said...

Gorgeous fabric,intrepid sew-er. It's like getting Mikey to try the cereal first. I'm happy to watch you attempt that pattern first. :)