Friday, December 20, 2013

More Christmas Gifting

I have been sewing like crazy with Elizabeth Hartman's Perfect Zip Bags pattern.  I have the directions and most measurements for "Bag C" memorized at this point.

I made a small and large version here:  The cat (from E.H.'s catvent QAL, of course!) one is for my sister who's favorite color is "Facebook blue."  I couldn't resist using a scrap of bird fabric.


Two sewing themed pouches for some sewing-loving friends, using some of the selvage blocks I had previously made:


And finally, two plain ones with some pretty fabric.  I have truly enjoyed making these because they are for good friends who have done a lot for me and my family.  I will say, however, that this assembly line sewing that constitutes making the same thing over and over drove home my feeling that I do not think I would enjoy cranking out things to sell......


 

I finally made a Batman mask for my nephew to go with his super cape.  This was insanely easy and as you can see, my son wants one now too.  




5 comments:

Maja said...

I just love your pouches!
And the Batman stuff;-)

MalinisQuilts said...

So, got the catvent bug too! I love the pouches what great ideas!

The batman mask looks super cool. Is that your nephew or your son in that pic?

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Great work! Have a wonderful Christmas!

SuperMomNoCape said...

The pouches you made are all lovely and I'm sure will be well received. And I love the batman mask!

Sarah Fredette said...

Love the use of the cat -- my husband vetoed the whole pattern, but maybe I can sneak in a pouch or three :D