Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Sleepy Time Animal Pals Doll Quilt

I purchased this adorable (and very affordable!) baby doll quilt pattern on Monday and finished it today.  It's so easy and quick.  The pattern is from Nana Company and it is called "Sleepy Time Animal Pals Quilt."  It is a Christmas present for my 22 month old daughter to accompany her baby doll bed.  I am entering this into this month's Le Challenge, participants are supposed to make something inspired by the word "precious" and what is more precious than a baby doll blanket?

I used interfacing to line up the little 2" squares in order to achieve accuracy in the piecing, like this tutorial on Oh Fransson.  I really recommend this - it's so precise and I think it's quicker too.


I purchased the trim at Joann's and used a scrap for the backing.  It measures 10 x 15.  This picture makes it look really wonky but I promise it's not that bad.


Le Challenge

I started cutting pieces for another purse: the Frou Frou Bag- another free pattern from Sew Sweetness.  I bought the cuckoo clock fabric in CO last fall and was regretting my impulsiveness but now I think it's a really fun perfect fabric for a quirky bag.  I will share its completion on Friday hopefully.


Linking up at WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced:


14 comments:

Laura B said...

Very cute. Reminds me of some things I had for my dolls when I was little.

Sara said...

I am making the same quilt for my SIL and one for my little girl both are coming in Feb. I enlarged the quilt a bit though. I also bought some of that pink trim;) We must have good taste together!! I am going to back mine and my SIL's in minky. I love yours!!! Your daughter is going to adore it!

MalinisQuilts said...

Oh my! This is the most adorable doll quilt I have seen.

Yes, that is a perfect fabric for a quirky bag.

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love the fabric for the purse, and that doll quilt is super cute!

Lorna McMahon said...

That sleepy doll quilt is just the sew-weetest! You did an amazing job. Your daughter is sure to love it! PS. That cuckoo clock fabric is just gorgeous!

Tina in Boston said...

That doll quilt is super cute!! Your daughter will love it. Don't forget to give us the link to that pillow pattern from the Yankee Swap!!

Vera said...

Sweet. That embroidery especially.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

The doll quilt is so cute! Adorable embroidery! I've used that interfacing method and agree it's brilliant. Thanks for linking up to Le Challenge :)

Lisa said...

O.k. I love it! I wanna make one to for my grandbaby! Thank you for sharing!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Love the quilt and the embroidery is just so so cute! Used that tutorial as well for a quilt of mine and it is amazing! Tanks for sharing on le challenge!

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

What a sweet doll quilt - your daughter will be thrilled with it.

Joanne said...

Gorgeous dolls quilt! I love that backing fabric too!
I'll have to have a peek at that tutorial!

Mina said...

The little dolly quilt is totally cute!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Cutest doll quilt ever. Definitely precious. I bet your little one loves it. :)