Monday, December 30, 2013

New Projects for the New Year


Yep, I started a new quilt.  And it's big, as usual.  I have wanted to make a large New Wave quilt for years and use prints instead of a neutral for sashing.  I know I am a bit behind - the New Wave pattern is so 2011 so I guess you can probably expect a Swoon or Scrappy Trip quilt from me in 2016......


I dug into my Amy Butler Lark collection and added a little Cameo and Notting Hill for the wedges.  For sashing, I am using stash basics and blenders- working hard to show contrast between the busy fabrics.  Everything is cut and now I am really enjoying having an excuse to spend lots of time at the sewing machine.


I have also decided to participate in the Allison Glass Feathers QAL.  It is a paper piecing pattern and I am going to use this Sunrise bundle I received for Christmas.  I have a Groupon to a local store that carries every Kona color - so I have a lot of options for sashing color.  Do you have any opinions?  I am leaning towards Pepper (almost black) or a really dark blue (Nightfall?) - I know I want something dark so that all of the colors really stand out.



Feathers QAL – Paper Piecing Tutorial

4 comments:

Sarah Fredette said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!!!!

MalinisQuilts said...

Lovely fabrics! My latest favorite seems to be the night fall color. I do have some pepper in my stash and do like that too.

Lorna McMahon said...

Lovely bundle of Sunrise! I would go with a gray. Happy New Year!

Jen said...

I like the idea of a dark navy for the background. Can't wait to see that quilt progress.