Monday, December 23, 2013

Sew Sweetness Bag Contest and other things

I hope you don't mind, but I'd be lying if I said this blog wasn't partly about a little self promotion.  They posted the 15 finalists of the Sew Sweetness Bag Contest at Sew Mama Sew.  My Frou Frou bag was chosen among the 59 entries, so I am psyched.  If you have a second, please feel free to vote for me here.  The 3rd place prizes seem just as awesome as 1st place (although, this is the purse that witnessed the untimely death of my iron, and an iron is one of the 1st place prizes....).  The voting is open until December 31at midnight.  They chose some lovely bags- the talent is amazing.


Time to catch up on some City Sampler blocks:

 91

 92

93

In personal news, my husband's transfer to Colorado Springs has finally come through!  We had a goal to be there by spring 2013- so we feel this is long overdue.  Throughout the process of making the decision to move and pursue a transfer, I grieved over moving so far from close friends and family.  At this point, I know I need to move on and focus on the positive things this means for my family and I.  My husband and I are going house hunting out there in early January and I am especially psyched that we will be at least tripling our square footage of our living space for the same cost of a mortgage that we are paying in Massachusetts rent.  I am so excited for my kids to have a fenced-in yard as well!

I have already contacted the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild and I am excited to join their group.  It's comforting to know that I will meet like-minded people out there as well as the church "family" I have found every time I have moved.   One of my sisters, who I am very close to, lives in CO and we just learned that my husband's brother (who is married with a child - my children's only cousin!) was accepted to dental school in Denver.  So despite moving away from many cherished people in New England, I am thrilled to live closer to other important people in my life.

I wish I could show you the last of my handmade Christmas gifts but it's overcast and dreary today and I have to admit that I rely on sunshine to achieve the best pictures.  I will share my last few finishes at the end of the week.  In the meantime, I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and thanks again for all of your support.

2 comments:

Sarah Fredette said...

Congratulations! On both the move - and the bag!

MalinisQuilts said...

Congratulations on being on the top 15. I just voted for you.

Also happy to hear that finally things are looking good on your move front.