Friday, October 31, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Penny Patch

My second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival is this queen sized Penny Patch quilt I completed earlier this year.  It measures 90" x 108."

I've really challenged myself recently with trying new techniques: intense paper piecing, curves, precise piecing for a 100 block sampler, etc.  Doing all those new things has been a lot of fun, but at the end of the day, I really love basic patchwork.  This quilt works for me because I really appreciate the colors, the use of black, and the simplicity.  I am glad I made it so big, as I've enjoyed using it on my bed frequently.


Linking up Amy's Creative Side for the Large Quilt Category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

AmysCreativeSide.com

4 comments:

Fran said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Teri said...

Love your choice of colors in the quilt. The colors are timeless.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

You know I love this pattern! But your fabric choices and arrangement are spectacular. This quilt just feels like a heirloom quilt with classic colors and patterns. Love it!

cspoonquilt said...

Great colors and textures in this quilt!