Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Curves


On Monday, I found myself with a little extra sewing time thanks to the federal holiday.  I finished another Union Jack block but decided to treat myself to something different.  I finally settled on adding another block to my DYO Sampler quilt I started over the summer.  I pulled out the pattern, Lots of Dots, and tackled a block.  This is my result and I am pretty happy with it.  I've done curves in bags and toys but never for a quilt.  I like the result a lot.  This block took a lot of time because you have to cut out every piece with scissors and a template.  The process of making the sampler quilt is pretty awesome: I can try out different blocks easily and decide if I want to commit to a larger project.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love this block. Curves are rewarding when you get them down.

Sarah Fredette said...

It turned out really cute!!! And hurray for trying new things! Except weird smelling vegetables...no need to go that far. :D