Friday, August 20, 2010

Black Forest Purse

I was really excited to be able to swap some unwanted fabric for the Melly and Me "Black Forest Purse" pattern. I whipped this up all in one day - yesterday actually. I went to bed with only having not attached the buttons. For some odd reason, I was recently thinking that I didn't really like Amy Butler fabrics that much - maybe because I have been working with a lot of bright, juvenile prints lately and was thinking about the merits of those... But this "Water Bouquet in Midnight" fabric is easily one of my favorites. I still want to make another purse, apron, and include it in a Amy Butler "Love" quilt.
These buttons couldn't be more perfect for the bag. When I was searching through my button collection, I could only find 2 and was lamenting the fact that I really needed 3. But obviously - I found another and I think it is a perfect match!

I think this one's for me, but we will see...............

2 comments:

Monet said...

WATER BOUQUET! LOVE!

wishesUT said...

I love this one! Adorable!