Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kimono style PJ's

So I thought I wasn't going to do much sewing this weekend because I had done so much during the week and I was tired. But one thing led to another, and before I knew it at 11:30 on Sat night, I was trying this pj top on a large Kermit doll. I finished the bottoms today (after) a long nap.
The pattern is from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones and the fabric, of course, is Urban Circus and Full Moon dot in Tangarine.
I made the largest size of the pattern - 9-12 mos and they are definitely not going to last too long for my ginormous child. Despite the sizing issue, I am super excited because I made clothes that actually came out nice and are quite cute. The pattern was easy to follow. I made the mistake of rushing through the pants, (because I thought they were easy and I have made pajama pants before), so I did have to do a fair amount of seam ripping. I like that "Little Stitches" book - but there are so many tiny words/instructions and definitely not enough pictorial instructions.

6 comments:

Monet said...

OOMMGGGG...Gregory looks SO cute! Your pajamas turned out so well (especially considering that I just heard you pining away for pajamas on Thursday)! And what a nice photo of Nick and baby G. :)

melisgm said...

I have the CUTEST nephew in the WORLD! And he has the most talented!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pajamas!

melisgm said...

oops I meant to say he has the most talented MOM.

Cristin said...

Well done!!! LOVE the fabric you chose too! Your daughter is darling in those pj's!

wishesUT said...

He looks adorable! Way to go!

MadeByMeaghan said...

I want some of those PJ's for myself! Gregory looks so cute and cuddly in them! I also like the idea of trying them on stuffed animals first for size. They'd look great on baby buzz lightyear! haha.