Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Urban Circus is Here!

I sold some of my Heather Ross and Flea Market Fancy in order to pay for buying some of 2010's best fabric collection debut: Urban Circus. Now I have been accused of liking the designer, Laurie Wisbrun, only because we share the same name. Let me tell you.... it doesn't hurt! Just kidding, but seriously - these elephants are my absolute favorite!!!! Tonight I am making a bunch of bibs for Gregory before I sit down to two hours of Glee and more hand-sewing: I have wanted to make this bird mobile for quite a while, but wasn't too thrilled when I learned how difficult it might be to sew these little buggers on the machine. No thank you. Luckily, I know this project will go much faster than my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

And for the first time ever, I really cut myself with the rotary cutter today. Luckily Nick was home because it would've been hard to take care of myself and Gregory. Don't worry, what you see on the band-aid is first aid creme, not blood!

P.S. I finished the apron referenced in the last post, but haven't really been in the mood to do a photo shoot these past few days. I may wait until my friend, the recipient, is here to snap a picture. (She called me the day after it was completed and said she's stopping by on Sunday - can't wait!!!)

No comments: