Friday, May 13, 2011

Fabric Friday: Boy Fabrics, Scraps

My husband tends to spoil me for Mother's Day. I received these fabrics from him recently - I had had the planes but was so happy to get my hands on the cars, trains, and helicopters! The collection is called Ready, Set, Go by Anne Kelle. Most of you won't be surprised that my son will probably end up having at least two twin-sized quilts eventually. The options for boy fabrics just keep getting better and better. I can't wait for some of these to be available. I finally did the dreaded project of organizing my scraps - this is the "in process" picture. What a nightmare that was. That silver tub on the floor- that was stuffed full of scraps from years of sewing - I had never organized them before. I was kind of mad at myself for saving so many ridiculous pieces - I had saved the oddest, most useless cuts that ended up going in the trash. I also gave a bunch to a friend who seemed happy to have them. Now I am down to just a few shoe boxes full. I am kind of shocked that I didn't have very many usable scraps as I had believed - I don't think there is going to be any awesome scrappy quilts in my near future. But I was inspired to return to my Princess quilt and will probably use up most of my orange, pink, and yellow pieces.






I caught up on my bee obligations. Meaghan had our final round for the Boston Modern Quilt Guild and she sent a bunch of gorgeous solid pieces as well as a few prints. She asked us to make an improvisational block with no wonkiness. I hope she likes it!



Lynn, from Hip to Bee Square, asked for square in square log cabin blocks and she sent the fabrics precut, as well as an adorable pincushion (forgot to take a picture, but I will do so soon).






I hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband is bringing Gregory on a father/son campout - so guess what I will be doing?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

your friend loves the scraps. :) THANK YOU!

i tried to include a pic of the 3 blocks i've made so far w/them but can't figure out how to post a pic.

MadeByMeaghan said...

i love my bee block! Yay! I can't wait to put it all together. :)