Friday, May 06, 2011

FabricPalooza 2011: Fabric Friday

I promised I would reveal last weekend's treats we found while fabric shopping. Our first stop was Keepsake Quilting, located near Lake Winnepesaukee in Center Harbor, NH. I make it up to that store about once year and it is easily my most favorite fabric store in New England. They were really generous in the cuts (adding about 4-6 inches for every piece) and always have quite a variety to choose from. I love the neat way that they fold your bundle: I was especially excited to finally get some of the Hello Betty floral (far right) and the black and white Bernatex text print (far left).

When we drove from Keepsake to Kennebunk, we drove right by Marden's in Sanford. What's a carfool of quilter's to do? Of course we had to stop. I was especially thrilled to get the pink Wildwood tree fabric (far left) - that is a fabric that I have always wanted. It was fun to introduce my friends to the store, two of them had never been before. One friend bought 5 yards of bamboo batting - only to find out later that their "yards" were so generous, she had actually received 11 yards!

Finally, on the way back from the retreat, we had to stop at the modern fabric mecca-store: Portsmouth Fabric Company. I was thrilled to find lots of Anna Maria Horner in the clearance section.

During the retreat, I bought 18.75 yards worth of fabric, only to come home to two packages waiting for me: my Sherbet Pips pre-order and a swap I'd arranged previously (AMH and AH seen below). Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed with having acquired so much fabric but it was fun and exciting too because I really love everything I found.

I took a very short break from sewing this week to catch up on sleep and household responsibilities after the retreat. But I have accomplished quite a lot and will post more about my ongoing projects shortly. In bad news: the lightbulb in my sewing machine died last night and that has never happened to me before - I have got to fix it asap!!!!

2 comments:

Taslim said...

What awesome finds! Can't wait to see what you do with them :)

Bessiemae said...

OOOh,Laurie! Want to swap any of that gold garden party? You lucky girl! :-)