Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Improv Quilt Top Completed

I had a lot of fun making this improvisational quilt top. I used up a lot of scraps (though I had to cut up some stash fabric to add more variety to the composition) and didn't have to worry about seam allowance. It is so girly but I love it. I love the color pink and it looks great with orange and yellow. The only challenging part was squaring pieces of the quilt top - I am not very good at neatly cutting large pieces of fabric.

I plan on making a pieced back with some stash fabrics and quilting it on a domestic machine.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

oh, i loooove it! so pretty. you did a great job with all that improv piecing. now you just need a pea to put under it. :)

michele.h said...

.....or a princess!

Aimee said...

oooh - I love this Laurie!!! It came out so awesome!

Chickadee said...

LOVE!!