Saturday, November 19, 2011

Completed Sherbet Pips Blocks

I've had a very productive sewing week. I completed the BMQG swap item, completed blocks for one of the twin girl quilts (not sure if I can show them....), and finally finished all 72 of the Sherbet Pip bird bath blocks. I really dread laying these all out and putting them together - the layout really matters and finding the time and space to do this away from my two year old is difficult. Maybe over the Thanksgiving break I will find the opportunity.

These are some of my favorites:

Each block has 21 pieces - definitely the most pieced quilt I have ever done. That's 1,512 pieces for the whole quilt! Plus I am going to add a thin white border around the whole thing.

In a few hours I leave for the BMQG November meeting - we are having a show and tell, fabric swap, and we are working on some charity quilts - can't wait!

3 comments:

Pieces to Love said...

those are great.

Alexis Deise said...

Ooh, I love these.

Kylie said...

These are so very pretty. It'll be a beautiful quilt! :)