Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Fabric Palooza at Quilt Market

Before I show you my glutinous pictures of all of the fabric I bought at Quilt Market- I figured I would slip a photo of what I accomplished yesterday so that you know I actually use my fabric and don't spend all my time buying it. I finally added the corner triangles to all of the blocks and it really makes the quilt look much better if I do say so myself. Sample spree on Friday night was crazy. We got in line 2.5 hours before it started as a veteran QM attendee had advised us. I saved money in anticipation of the event: pre-release fabric at wholesale (or less) prices.... I literally had a good dream about the event before I even arrived in TX.

I did the most damage at the Lecien table: Flower Sugar, Folk Heart, and Woodland. I have always drooled over Flower Sugar fabrics but have never owned any before - so this was the favorite purchase of the whole spree for sure.



I have also never owned any Art Gallery fabrics - so I decided to indulge in these super soft beauties.

Riley Blake had some serious bargains: Daisy Cottage and Cherry Sew.


I literally had to push my way through and out to navigate the Moda table - that was the craziest table! I was so happy to get my hands on Aneela Hooey's: A Walk in the Woods.

I almost forgot about checking out the Robert Kaufman table but I am so glad I did. I already have the pattern planned for these FQ's of Laurie Wisbrun's Modern Whimsy.

Lotta Jansdotter's Echo line is to die for. I have a thing for mono-chromatic prints - and this bundle has a ton of them!

Traditional South African fabrics? I was so there! I love South Africa and lived there for 4 months as a college junior. I came home with very little fabric - so this was a special purchase.

Finally, I couldn't resist several Echino half yd cuts - I can now actually make a quilt out of all of these! I think I will destash a FQ set on etsy though - there wasn't an option to just buy fat quarters.

I went to the spree with the plan to indulge because I had saved my money beforehand and I don't think I will ever go to Quilt Market again. You only live once, right? I can't wait to cut into all of these fabrics and plan to do so soon.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Awesome, Laurie! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Alexis Deise said...

The fabric is lovely, but that quilt top is amazing!

Joanna said...

Oh I LOVE all the fabrics you bought! I am a huge Art Gallery fabric fan - so yummy. You are going to have SO much fun with all these! I am really loving the Echo fabrics you go too - they look so good!