Sunday, May 19, 2013

Circle Circus

I am published in the May/June issue of Quilty.  I submitted my Urban Circus quilt for consideration last winter and I found out it was accepted within a week.  It was very exciting.

I used the AMH "Super Circle" technique to apply the circles onto the quilt.  I am already scheming to make a girl version out of the pink Urban Circus fabrics for Charlotte.  Urban Circus is easily my most favorite kid's fabric collection.  I also used lots of prints from my stash.

 
Here's the cover of the magazine:


And here's my feature:

I was tickled that they even diagrammed my quilting motif too:


Happy quilting and thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! You should totally get that framed.

Jan said...

How wonderful. What a great spread in the mag.

jane said...

I happened to pick this issue up yesterday at Pine Tree Quilts. I was admiring the quilt thinking I could adapt it to a table runner without realizing that it was your quilt! Leah pointed it out to me the first time she looked at it. Nice job!

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

Good for you!

MalinisQuilts said...

This is super cool! Congratulations, Laurie!