Wednesday, May 08, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I finally made the cute Star Wars cross-stitch my sister sent into a pillow for Gregory:
 

I have a whole lot of cutting going on for my X Plus quilt.  It was a little hard to cut into my most precious Liberty Lifestyle fabrics but I know it will be worth it!


I've made a few more blocks - these are so addicting!

 
It took a while, but I cut up my own stash-made layer cake into the triangular pieces needed to make a giant Crackle quilt.
 
 
This is the result when you sew all of the pieces together.  Isn't it striking?  I honestly think this pattern has the potential to catch on like a lot of the popular patterns out there - it's so fun and easy.
 

I scored some vintage fabric and completed tiny cross stitch pieces at a yard sale.  So sweet!


I've listed a few fabric bundles in my etsy shop.  I've fallen hard for Shelburne Falls- I ordered a half yard set and cut it in half - it's much cheaper than buying the pre-cut bundles released by Free Spirit.  I also finally splurged on some Little Folks - I missed out on the recent $6 yd. sales (darnit!) but figured I better buy some before it's all really gone.  I am trying to stick to just fat quarters lately - so I also listed a Little Folks FQ bundle too.

 
I am finally actually linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced- I feel more motivated to connect with other bloggers and I am excited to do this more regularly.
 
 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no words to appropriately describe how awesome your Star Wars pillow is.

MC said...

Love the crackle block with all of those bright colours!

Unknown said...

The crackle block is AMAZE!!!Love your fabric choices too!

alidiza said...

You've been busy!!! So much fabulousness, I love it all:-)

MalinisQuilts said...

Cute pillow!
And love the crackle blocks.

Unknown said...

impresionante su star wars pillow, beautifull

Nilya said...

Höhe so many gorgeous projects...

nicole said...

Star Wars pillow... amazing! And pairing it with the Constellations line, perfect! I've been cross stitching the Goonies and wasn't sure what i was going to do with them, pillow it is! And your crackle block is just gorgeous!

MBMathis said...

I love that Crackle pattern. You've inspried me to get that pattern to make one of my own. Although I'm going to make mine in all different shades of blue and cream.

Unknown said...

That Star Wars pillow is so amazing!! I will not get back into cross stitch, though, I can't handle another hobby!!