Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sweet Tote

I made this cute little tote bag as a gift for a birthday party my son went to.  The birthday girl was turning four years old and I thought a "Little Red Riding Hood" bag would be a fun gift to give.  I had a mini charm pack of "A Walk in the Woods" and I used it for both front and back patchwork panels for the bag.   I used the needle turn applique method to put the heart on the front and then I outlined the heart with an embroidery stitch.  
 

I used some batting scraps to give the bag some body and structure - I enjoyed not having to deal with interfacing. 

I only had one mini charm pack square left at the end of this project- it used most of them up quite efficiently.

I used stash fabrics to complete the bag.  It was a little more "grown up" present then I would've liked- I think my error was in making it too big.  Oh well.  Overall, I was happy with how it came out and I would make one again for sure!

5 comments:

Alexis Deise said...

Oh my word, Laurie, this is JUST SO sweet.

Jen said...

What a great use of those mini charm packs. Super cute.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Adorable! Love the applique'd heart! What 4 year old (or much older, just saying...) wouldn't love that??

alidiza said...

Totally cute!!! Love it:-)

MalinisQuilts said...

That is such a cute bag! Lucky girl!